1. Engineering – become a master of technology to build better, safer products
Engineering is one of the most popular Master’s these days and universities worldwide provide numerous specialisations in this area. Engineering degrees lead to interdisciplinary careers and the demand for professional engineers increases each year.
Engineers are the ones that make our world a little more efficient, smarter and quicker.
You can become a great engineer, depending what degree you choose, like:
- Mechanical Engineering – rail system engineer, maintenance inspector, engine designer, patent clerk
- Electrical Engineering – power generation tester, electrical systems engineer, electrical safety inspector
- Civil Engineering – construction engineer, structural engineer, building control surveyor
- Biomedical Engineering – bio-mechanic engineer, bio-materials engineer
- Chemical Engineering – plant systems operator, production technician, food scientist
You can now apply with Studyportals to Engineering degrees from our partner universities. You’ll apply for free and get application counselling at zero costs. Just filter the specialization you prefer and find the Masters that are right for you.
2. Computer Science – learn to speak “machine” and improve the web
It’s no news to anyone that we are living in the digital era. Global companies from anywhere in this world have a high demand for computer geniuses, and, for this reason, most universities provide Master’s degrees in Computer Science in a wide array of specialisations. Some of the most popular specialisations and corresponding careers are:
- Video Games & Multimedia – game tester, web designer
- Business Information Systems – network engineer
- IT Security – software developer
- Data Science – database manager
3. Design – make the perfect transition from sketches to appealing images
If you’ve always thought of yourself as a creative person that also has a keen eye for details, a Master’s degree in Design might be the perfect fit for you.
Designers focus on the appearance and physical aspects of a product without overlooking the functionality and usability and overcoming customer satisfaction. Designers are “the brain” behind every concept or idea of a logo, food package, website, and more. As a graduate, you can become:
- graphics designer
- copy-write visual artist
- advertising editor
Some popular countries for becoming an international student of Design are:
- Masters in Design in the UK
- Masters in Design in Australia
- Masters in Design in France
- Masters in Design in Sweden
4. Fashion – be the expert on what’s hot and what’s not
Are you the kind of person who buys tons of fashion magazines and is deeply interested in fashion trends, clothing, and accessories? Why not make a career out of this hobby and start with a Master’s degree in Luxury Goods and Fashion or Master’s degrees Fashion Design? These programmes can lead to rewarding careers like:
- fashion designer
- fashion journalist
- fashion critic
- brand manager
Choose to do your studies in fashionable destinations such as:
- Masters in Fashion in France
- Masters in Fashion in Italy
- Masters in Fashion in the USA
- Masters in Fashion in the UK
5. Law – take up the challenge of keeping an even balance
Do you want to bring your contribution to making justice in the world and fight for peoples’ rights? Then maybe you should study Law. You can choose from several subdisciplines such as International Law or Criminal Law. Lucrative careers with a Law degree include:
And some of the best places to do graduate studies in Law are:
You can also apply with Studyportals to a Masters in Law from our partner universities.
6. Business – learn what it means to call the shots and run ventures
Always imagined and thought of yourself that you could successfully run a business? Start building your dream with a Master’s programme in Business and Management. You can decide for an MBA, a Master’s degree in Marketing, Risk Management, Supply Chain and Logistics, and more.
Some of the most popular study areas in business are:
- department manager
- tax attorney
- financial inspector
- venture capitalist
Search for the right Business Master’s in countries like
Check out these MBAs you can apply to with Studyportals at no application cost and free counselling.
7. Social Sciences – Piece together history, culture, politics, and economics
Social Sciences Master’s degrees are some of the most versatile in terms of the knowledge and skills, as they provide future graduates great career options.
Top disciplines connected to Social Sciences are: Economics, International Relations, Political Science, and International Communication.
Your career options are wide-ranging and includes:
- PR officer for companies, institutions or political figures
- economics analyst or freelance consultant for international business
- counsellor, analyst, political journalist, lobbyist, or NGO activist
Check out your options for Social Sciences degrees in the following countries:
Don’t forget you can apply with Studyportals to Masters in Social Sciences from our partner universities.
8. Hospitality and Leisure – how helping customers can be a piece of cake
If you’ve experienced working in tourism, or have been attracted to the idea of making a career in this field, you’ll be pleased to find out that you can start preparing with a Master’s degree in Tourism and Hospitality. The overall tourism industry is one of the most prosperous worldwide, and specialists in the field will always be in high demand.
A Master’s degree in Tourism and Hospitality will prepare you for jobs like:
- restaurant or a hotel manager
- customer service expert
- tour and travel guide
Consider studying Masters in Tourism and Leisure from all over the world.
9. Art and Art History – Decipher the mystery behind magnificent art
If you were always passionate about anything that is related to arts like paintings, sculpture, visual arts, or even photography, you can learn more if you apply to a Master’s degree in Art.
If you study Master’s degrees in Art History, you can understand how social, cultural, and even political factors have contributed to the ideas and work of famous painters and artists, in general. Popular career options include:
- art critic
- art broker
- art consultant
- university professor
Check out Masters in Art History from all over the world.